- by Vanessa Lee
Coffee is by far the number one most drank beverage. Our appreciation to coffee is worldwide and even timeless. This week I have gathered 10 coffee quotes that only crazy coffee lovers will understand. Let’s see if you are one of us !
1. French politician and diplomat Charles Maurice de Talleyrand ( 1754 – 1838 ) once described Coffee – Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love.
2. An American novelist, poet and playwright Gertrude Stein ( 1874 – 1946 ) had one of my favourite saying on coffee – Coffee is a lot more than just a drink; it’s something happening. Not as in hip, like an event, a place to be, but not like a location, but like somewhere within yourself. it gives you time, but not actual hours or minutes, but a chance to be yourself, and have a second cup.
3. One of the Founding Fathers of the US, Benjamin Franklin ( 1706 – 1790 ) once told the world his appreciation on coffee – Among the numerous luxuries of the table… Coffee may be considered as one of the most valuable. It excites cheerfulness without intoxication; and the pleasing flow of spirits which it occasions … is never followed by sadness, languor or debility.
4. The first emperor of France, Napoleon Bonaparte ( 1769 – 1821 ) was deeply in love of coffee. He said, I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless.
5. Well, talking about craziness, how can we compare to Albert Camus ( 1913 – 1960 ), the French philosopher, author and journalist once said, Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee ?
6. Sometimes, we are just grateful that coffee was discovered. Here’s what the famous Hollywood movie star, Hugh Jackman once said, To me, the smell of fresh-made coffee is one of the greatest inventions.
7. Yet, coffee is always so good that you will definitely be addicted to. In 2002 American Star Trek movie, the leading fictional character Captain Janeway had such a line – Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised.
8. And coffee is just everything. Like the American comedian, actor and director, Jerry Seinfeld – We want to do a lot of stuff; we’re not in good shape. We didn’t get a good night’s sleep. We’re a little depressed. Coffee solves all these problems in one delightful little cup.
9. English wit, writer and Anglican cleric, Sydney Smith ( 1771 – 1845 ) may explain why coffee drinker is sometimes smarter – If you want to improve your understanding, drink coffee; it is the intelligent beverage.
10. And the Scottish jurist, Whig politician and historian Sir James Mackitosh ( 1765 – 1832 ) had the best conclusion – The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportional to the quantity of coffee he drank.
No matter how long coffee has been drinking, our love and craziness to coffee is only growing. What you say about coffee ? Comment and let me know !